Warning Signs of Suicide
Take action immediately if you suspect someone you know is at risk
Individuals with suicidal tendencies may show signs that they are considering taking their life. Families need to be aware of the warning signs of suicide, particularly if a loved one suffers from depression or other disorders linked to a risk of suicide.
At the Law Offices of Skip Simpson, we are passionate about our work in suicide prevention. If you lost a loved one due to suicide, call 214-618-8222 for a free and confidential consultation. We're ready to listen to you.
Signs of suicide risk:
- Someone threatening to hurt or kill themselves
- Someone looking for ways to kill themselves
- Seeking access to pills, weapons, or other means
- Someone talking or writing about death, dying, or suicide
- Rage, anger, seeking revenge
- Acting reckless or engaging in risky activities, seemingly without thinking
- Feeling trapped-like there is no way out
- Increasing alcohol or drug use
- Withdrawing from friends, family, or society
- Anxiety, agitation, unable to sleep, or sleeping all the time
- Dramatic changes in Mood
- No reason for living; no sense of purpose in life
Talk to a lawyer today
Knowing what to do after a suicide can be confusing. So many different emotions and thoughts flash through your mind. Why did this happen? Why didn't anyone notice the warning signs? What should I do now?
Trying to deal with such a complex situation can be overwhelming. Don't lose hope. You don't have to deal with everything on your own. Contact someone experienced with handling such complicated situations. Contact a suicide lawyer at the Law Offices of Skip Simpson. We believe passionately in suicide prevention. Our firm is well-versed in the law and has vast experience representing survivors of relatives who died by suicide. Call 214-618-8222 or complete our online contact form today.